Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy months!

I can't believe so much time has gone by since I posted anything! Things have been crazy at work! I had to let my assistant manager go - worked mega hours till I found a floor supervisor (promoted my floor supervisor to assistant manager). Finally found one 3 weeks before my vacation. My Dad came out to see me - I haven't seen him in 3 years. The second day of vacation - the floor supervisor quit without notice & had started all kinds of trouble in my store! Real bad! So off I went to Sedona to try & straighten out what I could - some has settled down. Back to looking for a new floor supervisor - I can't believe I was so wrong on the last one. I was very hurt because I liked her. Oh well - live & learn. Needless to say - not much art being created! I am working on something for my mother for her birthday but it's a surprise. Nothing on that till the end of November. I'm also working on an altered book about Lucy Burns and the Suffragettes. Such brave women!

We did do our second annual "Bra Making" Contest at work ( it's a bra store). I need to post the pictures. Each of the girls make a bra & we display them for the month of October & let our customers vote on the one they like best - we number the bras & we can't tell who made which one. At the end of the month, we count the votes & the winner gets a prize! We have alot of fun with it! This year I'm making "trophy's" for the 1st & 2nd place winners. I hope I get them done in time. I need to work on the today.

I have some ideas about Christmas gifts for all the women I have working for me. Hopefully I'll have enough time!

No comments: