Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year - New Beginnings

It's a new year and a time for new beginnings. I also joined the Creative Everyday Challenge 2009 - What a wonderful idea! I'll have a link to the site. The concept is to do something creative everyday. This month the word is play. How I love to play with my art supplies!! For me, I find that's the best way to come up with new ideas! But sadly it seems life constantly gets in the way of getting in there & playing or doing anything!

My 1st "resolution" is to clean & organize my studio. It is a disaster - literally! I can't find anything! And to top that off, my DH decided to rearrange the house & the whole time it was, "Can't you put that out in your studio?" So if it wasn't packed before it is now! Plus I really want to paint the walls out there. I want 1 wall a metallic copper & the others a bright cheery color. Something fun!

I've been following a blog, which I'll post the link, in which one of the sayings on her "Glitter Girl Van" is - Live your life out loud. I love it! So this year besides being creative everyday, I'm going to Live My Life Out Loud!! And in color. Just like the Wizard of Oz when everything goes from black & white to color. I found that the most amazing thing when I was a kid! I just love bright colors! Red & purple are my favorite. You add some sparkle - actually alot of sparkle & I'm in heaven! Poor DH's favorite colors are white & tan - I find that so sad! After we met I did talk him into buying a red pick up truck ( all his vehicles had been: white exterior & tan interior- how boring!). If he had his way, our house would be all white! But at least after all this time, I do have him bringing in more color ( our house inside is black & red)

So this year my goals are:
1. Paint & organize my studio
2. Be creative everyday
3. Live my life out load
4. Last but by far not the least: Make time to make art!

I'm hoping the "time thing" may work out better. That pesky "going to work" keeps getting in my way. I love my job & all the girls but after 1 & 1/2 years, that 2 hour round trip drive is getting to me. I am gone at least, 12 hours a day! I may have an opportunity to manage a store 10 or 15 minutes away. It's very bittersweet at the least - be closer to home & have more time to do what I want with my life but then I have to leave my store that I love and all the girls that I love & have become like family - hard choices! So I'm just throwing it out to the Universe & see what comes back.

No comments: